Komodo Installation Guide
- Debugging: If firewall software is installed on the system, it must be configured to allow Komodo to access the network during remote debugging.
- Debugger Proxy: The optional Debugger Proxy (
pydbgpproxy) requires Python to be installed on the target machine.
- Node.js: You will need node v0.4 or greater to debug Node.js programs. You can get the latest version of Node for most platforms from nodejs.org. The komodo-debug package can be installed with npm for remote debugging.
- Perl: Perl 5.6 or greater is required to debug Perl programs. Download the latest version of ActivePerl from the ActiveState website. Ensure that the directory location of the Perl interpreter (by default,
C:\perl) is included in your system’s
PATHenvironment variable. On Windows, some features such as background syntax checking and remote debugging may require ActivePerl – there are known incompatibilities with Cygwin and msys perl.
- Python: Python 2.4 or greater is required to debug Python programs. You can download the latest version of ActivePython from the ActiveState website. Ensure that the directory location of the Python interpreter (by default
C:\Pythonxx(where “xx” is the Python version)) is included in your system’s
- PHP: PHP 4.4 or greater is required to debug PHP programs. Download PHP from http://www.php.net/downloads.php. For complete instructions for configuring Komodo and PHP, see Configuring the PHP Debugger.
- Tcl: Tcl 7.6 or greater is required to debug Tcl programs. Download the latest version of ActiveTcl from the ActiveState website.
- Ruby: Ruby 1.8.4 or greater is required to debug Ruby programs. Download the latest version of Ruby from http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl. Cygwin-based versions of Ruby are currently unsupported. Ruby 1.9.1 (and later) users will need to also install ruby-debug-base (e.g.
gem install ruby-debug-base19) as a compatible version is not shipped with Komodo.
The debugging libraries for all languages are bundled with Komodo IDE, but they are also available for download from the Komodo Bits page.
- CVS Source Control Integration: Requires CVS, which is available from http://www.nongnu.org/cvs/, or the latest stable version of CVSNT, which is available from http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/.
- CVS Source Control Integration using Putty (Windows): Requires Putty version 0.52 or greater.
- Perforce Source Control Integration: Requires a connection to a Perforce server with version 99.1 or later.
- Subversion Source Code Control Integration: Requires the svn command line client, available from http://subversion.tigris.org/. Komodo cannot use the TortoiseSVN client as its SVN executable.