What's included in ActivePython?
ActivePython enables you to start writing Python software quickly because:
- It is easy to install
- It includes a fully compatible binary build of core Python
- It includes core extensions
- It includes an extensive set community packages
- It includes a comprehensive set of documentation for beginner to advanced Python developers
- Tcl/Tk version 8.5.18 and Tix version 8.4.3.
- ElementTree (xml.etree) version 1.3.0
- OpenSSL version 1.0.2k (1.0.2j on Windows)
- SQLite(sqlite3) version 22.214.171.124
- Ctypes 1.1.0 (supported on Window, Linux, and macOS)
- Zlib version 1.2.8
- BZip2 version 1.0.6
Additional documentation in ActivePython
ActivePython includes a comprehensive set of documentation for both new and experienced Python programmers. In addition to the core Python documentation, ActivePython includes: