Creating an account
You can choose to sign up for your ActiveState Platform account with your email address, or use your GitHub account to authenticate with the Platform.
Using the ActiveState Platform Website
To create an account using your email
- Go to the Create an Account page and enter the following information
- Email- Enter a valid email. A confirmation email will be sent to activate your account.
- Username- Enter a unique username for the ActiveState Platform.
- Password- Enter a password with at least 8 characters, and then enter the same password in the Confirm Password text box.
To create an account using your GitHub account
- Go to the Create an Account page.
- Click Sign in with GitHub. You will be redirected to the GitHub site to authorize your account.
- If you are prompted to sign in to GitHub, enter your username and password.
- Click Authorize ActiveState to allow ActiveState to authenticate your account. Once your account is authenticated by GitHub, you will be redirected to the ActiveState Platform as a signed-in user.
Refer to the state auth command reference.