Environment Variables Reference
Currently, all environment variables are experimental. If you are experiencing a use case which might justify defining any variables as non-experimental, please reach out to us through the user forums (https://community.activestate.com).
User configurable environment variables permit users to control various behaviors of the State Tool.
- Override the configuration directory location
- Override the cache directory location
- Predefine the activestate.yaml (absolute path) used for activated states
- Predefine the private key (not file path) used to decrypt secrets
- You can obtain the value by running
state export private-key once authenticated
- Predefine the API key token to use for authentication
- Use with
ACTIVESTATE_PRIVATE_KEY to bypass authentication by plain text password
After activation (
state activate), the following environment variables are set.
- The absolute path to the activestate.yaml of the activated project
- The absolute path of the directory containing the activestate.yaml of the activated project
- The unique “activation id” which can be used for debugging