This quick start covers the first steps to take after you sign up for the ActiveState Platform.
Joining your first Organization
When a colleague or ActiveState employee invites you to join the ActiveState Platform you will receive an email invitation to join a specific organization. You need to create your account for the ActiveState Platform and confirm that you want to join the organization.
- Open the email invite you received from email@example.com to join the organization.
- Click the link in the email, or copy and paste the link text into your browser address bar. You will be redirected to the ActiveState Platform Create an Account page if you are a new user, or Sign In page if you have an existing ActiveState Platform account.
- If you are a new user, enter the requested information in the Create an Account page, and then click Create Account.
- If you already have an account, sign in with your username or email and password.
- In the You’ve been invited page, click Accept Invitation to confirm that you want to join the organization you have been invited to.
Joining additional Organizations
The ActiveState Platform allows you to link more than one organization to your user account. This means that you can, for example, access your work projects and personal projects using a single user account.
- Open the email invite you received from firstname.lastname@example.org to join the organization. You will receive a separate email invite for each organization you are invited to.
- Click the link in the email, or copy and paste the link text into your browser address bar.
- If you are prompted to sign in, enter your username or email and password and click Sign In.
- In the You’ve been invited page click Join to confirm that you want to join the organization you have been invited to.
Viewing your Dashboard
After you first sign in and join an organization, you are redirected to your profile page called Your Dashboard.
Your Dashboard displays recent activity, the organizations you belong to and the Projects you have access to. You can navigate to pages for working with each organization and for managing the organizations you belong to, and access projects and downloadable installers for ActiveState language distributions and Komodo.