Get started with the ActiveState Platform by creating an account and joining an organization.
Creating an account
- Go to the ActiveState “Create an Account” page:
- Enter the following information:
- Work Email Address: Enter a valid email. A confirmation email will be sent to this address with instructions on how to activate your account.
- Pick A Username: Enter a unique username for the ActiveState Platform. This username will be visible to other ActiveState users when working together in an organization.
- Choose a Password: Enter a password with at least 8 characters.
Creating an account using your GitHub account
- Navigate to the Create an Account page.
- Click the Sign in with GitHub button. You will be redirected to GitHub to authorize your account.
- If you are prompted to sign in to GitHub, enter your username and password.
- Click Authorize ActiveState to allow ActiveState to authenticate your account. Once GitHub authenticates your account, you will be redirected to the ActiveState Platform as a signed-in user.
Joining your first Organization
When a colleague or ActiveState employee invites you to join the ActiveState Platform you will receive an email invitation to join their organization. Before you join you need to create your account for the ActiveState Platform and then accept the invitation.
- Open the email invite you received from email@example.com to join the organization.
- Click the link in the email, or copy and paste the link text into your browser address bar. You will be redirected to the “ActiveState Platform Create an Account” page if you are a new user, or a “Sign In” page if you have an existing ActiveState Platform account.
- If you are a new user, enter the requested information on the “Create an Account” page, and then click Create Account.
- If you already have an account, sign in with your username or email and password.
- On the “You’ve been invited” page, click Accept Invitation to confirm that you want to join the organization.
Joining additional Organizations
The ActiveState Platform allows you to link more than one organization to your user account. This lets you access your work projects and personal projects from a single user account.
- Open the email invite sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to join the organization. You will receive a separate email invite for each organization you are invited to.
- Click the link in the email, or copy and paste the link text into your browser address bar.
- If you are prompted to sign in, enter your username or email and password and click Sign In.
- In the “You’ve been invited” page click Join to confirm that you want to join the organization you have been invited to.
You will now have multiple organizations in your Organizations tab, each with pre-existing unique projects. To switch between organizations click the Organizations tabs and select from the list provided. More information on Organizations can be found here.