Installing the Security & Compliance plugin
The Security & Compliance plugin is a read-only Python package that identifies the components (modules and packages) being loaded when your applications are run by an ActivePython interpreter. Using this information, Security & Compliance automatically identifies vulnerabilities, outdated package versions, and improper licensing.
Prerequisite: You must have an ActivePython distribution installed. You can use an existing installation or download a supported version at https://www.activestate.com/activepython/downloads. The latest releases of each major version of ActivePython are supported:
- ActivePython 126.96.36.19900
- ActivePython 188.8.131.5204
- ActivePython 184.108.40.20617
- Select an Organization in the Your Organizations list.
- Click the Security & Compliance tab.
- Click the Getting Started link in the navigation bar.
- Click the blue button to download and save the latest version of the Security & Compliance plugin (
ActiveState-SecurityScanner-0.5.5.tar.gz). NOTE: You do not need to extract the tarball (.tar.gz) file.
- You need to use
pipto install the Security & Compliance plugin:
- Open a command prompt, and navigate to the directory where you saved the Security & Compliance plugin.
pip3 install ActiveState-SecurityScanner-0.5.5.tar.gz(ActivePython 3.5.x or 3.6.x) or
pip install ActiveState-SecurityScanner-0.5.5.tar.gz(ActivePython 2.7.x).
Tip: If you run into issues installing the plugin with
pip, ensure that
pip3 is in a directory on your path or enter the full path to the
pip3 executable. You can also try the alternative syntax:
python3 -m pip install ActiveState-SecurityScanner-0.5.5.tar.gz