Identities are tracking identifiers that allow you to group scans according to criteria you are interested in. For example, you could create an identity to track a particular application wherever it runs, or an identity to track all Python code running on your production servers.
- Open your web browser and navigate to http://platform.activestate.com and sign in.
- Select the Organization you want to create the identity in from the Your Organizations list.
- Click the Security & Compliance tab.
- Click the Identities link in the navigation bar.
- Enter the name of the new identity and click Create.
- View the details for the identity.
- Click Download File to download the required configuration file with your setting for the identity and save it as
activestate.config. For more information, see Configuring Identities.
You need to copy the Identity ID to at least one
activestate.config file to use the identity to track Security & Compliance scan information. For more information, see Where to place your activestate.config file?.