- Performance and Stability Improvements:
The underlying Mozilla source code has been updated in Komodo, which
has led to better security and stability of the Komodo platform as a
Numerous performance improvements have been made to Komodo to make it speedier
in the tasks it performs, especially with large files:
- Komodo will now automatically style very large HTML documents as text in order to support faster edits and re-displaying of the document.
- The Find search speed has been increased, making it faster to search your documents.
- The Rx Toolkit is now much faster when parsing results
- The Rx Toolkit's matching is now performed out-of-process and it is now possible to stop a running rx match
- Tcl Dev Kit Integration: A new toolbar for launching Tcl Dev Kit tools - TclApp, TclCompiler, TclXref, TclVFSE, TclInspector, and the Tcl Package Editor.
- Primary language preferences: It is now possible to configure which languages you'd like to see as primary languages in Komodo. The primary languages are the first group of languages seen in the language drop-down menus, whilst secondary languages are grouped under the Other sub-menu.
- View HTML Source: If you drag and drop a URL onto Komodo (http://, https://), Komodo now offers to view the source contents of this web page. This is convenient for checking the underlying HTML source code of web pages.
- Ruby: Debugging support for Ruby 1.9.1 and up.
- PHP: New PHP 5.3 support:
- Code browser and section list support for namespaces
- Code completions for \Namespaces
- Syntax coloring of latest keywords ("namespace", "use", "as", etc...)
- Updated xdebug builds to support PHP 5.3
- Improved debugger wizard for the first time setup
- Support for a wider range of PHP builds on Windows
- Autocomplete and calltips for PHP 5.3 stdlib
- Numerous bug fixes and other minor improvements.
(Read the full Release Notes.)
- Performance and Stability Improvements: The underlying Mozilla source code has been updated in Komodo, which has led to better security and stability of the Komodo platform as a whole. Numerous performance improvements have been made to Komodo to make it speedier in the tasks it performs, especially with large files: