Tcl8.6.9/Tk8.6.9 Documentation > Tk C API, version 8.6.9 > InternAtom
Tcl/Tk Applications | Tcl Commands | Tk Commands | [incr Tcl] Package Commands | SQLite3 Package Commands | TDBC Package Commands | tdbc::mysql Package Commands | tdbc::odbc Package Commands | tdbc::postgres Package Commands | tdbc::sqlite3 Package Commands | Thread Package Commands | Tcl C API | Tk C API | [incr Tcl] Package C API | TDBC Package C API
- Tk_InternAtom, Tk_GetAtomName — manage cache of X atoms
- #include <tk.h>
- Tk_InternAtom(tkwin, name)
- const char *
- Tk_GetAtomName(tkwin, atom)
const char *
- Tk_Window tkwin (in)
- Token for window. Used to map atom or name relative to a particular display.
- const char *name (in)
- String name for which atom is desired.
- Atom atom (in)
- Atom for which corresponding string name is desired.
Tk caches the information returned by Tk_InternAtom and Tk_GetAtomName so that future calls for the same information can be serviced from the cache without contacting the server. Thus Tk_InternAtom and Tk_GetAtomName are generally much faster than their Xlib counterparts, and they should be used in place of the Xlib procedures.atom, cache, display
Copyright © 1994-1996 Sun Microsystems, Inc.