Tcl8.6/Tk8.6 Documentation > Tk C API, version 8.6.8 > GetJustify
Tcl/Tk Applications | Tcl Commands | Tk Commands | [incr Tcl] Package Commands | SQLite3 Package Commands | TDBC Package Commands | tdbc::mysql Package Commands | tdbc::odbc Package Commands | tdbc::postgres Package Commands | tdbc::sqlite3 Package Commands | Thread Package Commands | Tcl C API | Tk C API | [incr Tcl] Package C API | TDBC Package C API
- Tk_GetJustifyFromObj, Tk_GetJustify, Tk_NameOfJustify — translate between strings and justification styles
- #include <tk.h>
- Tk_GetJustifyFromObj(interp, objPtr, justifyPtr)
- Tk_GetJustify(interp, string, justifyPtr)
- const char *
Tk_GetJustifyFromObj(interp, objPtr, justifyPtr)
Tk_GetJustify(interp, string, justifyPtr)
const char *
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in)
- Interpreter to use for error reporting, or NULL.
- Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out)
- String value contains name of justification style - one of “left”, “right”, or “center” - or a unique abbreviation of one. The internal rep will be modified to cache corresponding justify value.
- const char *string (in)
- Same as objPtr except description of justification style is passed as a string.
- int *justifyPtr (out)
- Pointer to location in which to store justify value corresponding to objPtr or string.
- Tk_Justify justify (in)
- Justification style (one of the values listed below).
- Means that the text on each line should start at the left edge of the line; as a result, the right edges of lines may be ragged.
- Means that the text on each line should end at the right edge of the line; as a result, the left edges of lines may be ragged.
- Means that the text on each line should be centered; as a result, both the left and right edges of lines may be ragged.
Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If objPtr does not contain a valid justification style or an abbreviation of one of these names, TCL_ERROR is returned, *justifyPtr is unmodified, and an error message is stored in interp's result if interp is not NULL. Tk_GetJustifyFromObj caches information about the return value in objPtr, which speeds up future calls to Tk_GetJustifyFromObj with the same objPtr.
Tk_GetJustify is identical to Tk_GetJustifyFromObj except that the description of the justification is specified with a string instead of an object. This prevents Tk_GetJustify from caching the return value, so Tk_GetJustify is less efficient than Tk_GetJustifyFromObj.
Tk_NameOfJustify is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJustify. Given a justify value it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to justify. If justify is not a legal justify value, then “unknown justification style” is returned.center, fill, justification, string
Copyright © 1994-1998 Sun Microsystems, Inc.