Tcl8.6.7/Tk8.6.7 Documentation > Tk C API, version 8.6.7 > Clipboard
Tcl/Tk Applications | Tcl Commands | Tk Commands | [incr Tcl] Package Commands | SQLite3 Package Commands | TDBC Package Commands | tdbc::mysql Package Commands | tdbc::odbc Package Commands | tdbc::postgres Package Commands | tdbc::sqlite3 Package Commands | Thread Package Commands | Tcl C API | Tk C API | [incr Tcl] Package C API | TDBC Package C API
- Tk_ClipboardClear, Tk_ClipboardAppend — Manage the clipboard
- #include <tk.h>
- Tk_ClipboardClear(interp, tkwin)
- Tk_ClipboardAppend(interp, tkwin, target, format, buffer)
Tk_ClipboardAppend(interp, tkwin, target, format, buffer)
- Tcl_Interp *interp (in)
- Interpreter to use for reporting errors.
- Tk_Window tkwin (in)
- Window that determines which display's clipboard to manipulate.
- Atom target (in)
- Conversion type for this clipboard item; has same meaning as target argument to Tk_CreateSelHandler.
- Atom format (in)
- Representation to use when data is retrieved; has same meaning as format argument to Tk_CreateSelHandler.
- const char *buffer (in)
- Null terminated string containing the data to be appended to the clipboard.
Tk_ClipboardClear claims the CLIPBOARD selection and frees any data items previously stored on the clipboard in this application. It normally returns TCL_OK, but if an error occurs it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in interpreter interp's result. Tk_ClipboardClear must be called before a sequence of Tk_ClipboardAppend calls can be issued.
Tk_ClipboardAppend appends a buffer of data to the clipboard. The first buffer for a given target determines the format for that target. Any successive appends for that target must have the same format or an error will be returned. Tk_ClipboardAppend returns TCL_OK if the buffer is successfully copied onto the clipboard. If the clipboard is not currently owned by the application, either because Tk_ClipboardClear has not been called or because ownership of the clipboard has changed since the last call to Tk_ClipboardClear, Tk_ClipboardAppend returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in the result of interpreter interp.
In order to guarantee atomicity, no event handling should occur between Tk_ClipboardClear and the following Tk_ClipboardAppend calls (otherwise someone could retrieve a partially completed clipboard or claim ownership away from this application).
Tk_ClipboardClear may invoke callbacks, including arbitrary Tcl scripts, as a result of losing the CLIPBOARD selection, so any calling function should take care to be re-entrant at the point Tk_ClipboardClear is invoked.append, clipboard, clear, format, type
Copyright © 1994-1996 Sun Microsystems, Inc.