Tcl/Tk Documentation > TclLib > GetVersion
Tcl_GetVersion(major, minor, patchLevel, type)
- int *major (out)
- Major version number of the Tcl library.
- int *minor (out)
- Minor version number of the Tcl library.
- int *patchLevel (out)
- The patch level of the Tcl library (or alpha or beta number).
- Tcl_ReleaseType *type (out)
- The type of release, also indicates the type of patch level. Can be one of TCL_ALPHA_RELEASE, TCL_BETA_RELEASE, or TCL_FINAL_RELEASE.
Tcl_GetVersion accepts NULL for any of the arguments. For instance if you do not care about the patchLevel of the library, pass a NULL for the patchLevel argument.version, patchlevel, major, minor, alpha, beta, release
Copyright © 1995-1997 Roger E. Critchlow Jr. Copyright © 1999 Scriptics Corporation